AtkinsRéalis is currently seeking an Engineering/Design Manager to join the Rail team based in Dublin, Dundalk, Cork or Galway office.
AtkinsRéalis is world-leading design, engineering and project-management consultancy. In industries ranging from healthcare and civil infrastructure to energy, housing and resilience, provides data-driven expertise on projects, making the lived environment better and sustainable. Our rail portfolio of work in Ireland is growing significantly, with committed multi-year contracts.
- Overall engineering and technical leadership of rail engineering projects in Ireland.
- Acting as a Design or Engineering Manager on projects.
- Managing the multi-disciplinary design process.
- Ensuring design is defined and delivered in accordance with appropriate guidance, standards and client requirements.
- Being the primary point of contact for all technical matters for rail in Ireland.
- Line management of a team of engineers and discipline leads.
- Developing technical/quality proposals for new commissions.
- Implementing a robust quality management system.
- Chartered with Engineers Ireland or equivalent professional institution.
- An ability to ensure safe-by-design is at the core of the design and delivery process.
- Commitment to continuous improvement in own and team performance.
- Educated to degree level (level 8/9 engineering degree).
- Minimum 15 years of postgraduate experience, primarily in a consultancy environment.
- Experience of delivering projects to BIM Level 2 equivalent.
- An awareness of developing technologies and best practice in the industry.
- Effective communicator (written, verbal & presentations).
- Full driving licence.
To read the full spec or to apply for the role please click here: https://careers.atkinsrealis.com/job/design-manager-in-dublin-jid-33181