We are looking for a Fire Safety Engineer to join the infrastructure team in our Dublin office. Candidate will be required to assist in Fire Safety Engineering design and monitoring of building and site development projects. The role will involve working on exciting projects across various sectors including Transport, Leisure, Educational, Commercial, Healthcare, Industrial, Storage and Residential for both public and private clients.
Preference will be given to those whose qualification is suitable to attain the title of Chartered Engineer with Engineers Ireland. Graduate Engineers as well as those with up to 3-5 years’ experience will be considered for the position with the starting salary determined on an individual basis. A driving licence and own transport is required.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Enthusiastic, hardworking, and flexible.
- Willing to take responsibility and comfortable working as part of a team.
- Proficient in fire safety design, legislation and construction technology in Ireland.
- An excellent written and verbal communicator in English.
- Be able to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent presentation and client facing skills.
Duties will include:
- Development of fire safety strategies from inception through to completion for a variety of project types, on time and to budget.
- Technical report writing.
- Preparation of design drawings and review of drawings prepared by others.
- Fire risk assessments and surveys of existing buildings.
- Undertaking site inspections as required under BC(A)R 2014.
- Review of Contractor and Design Team proposals and material submittals.
- Guide and mentor junior Engineers and other members of the team.
- Develop a network of colleagues and clients.
Experience & Education Requirement:
- 3-5 years post grad experience in a consultancy or similar environment
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) (level 8) in Fire Safety Engineering (or equivalent).
- Candidates with a MSc in Fire Safety Engineering are preferred.
To read the full spec or to apply for the role please click here: https://careers.atkinsrealis.com/job/fire-safety-engineer-in-dublin-jid-33191