We are seeking a Major Roads Project Manager for road schemes throughout Ireland. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 15 years’ experience, must be Chartered and have substantial relevant major roads planning and design experience, including giving evidence at Oral Hearing for EIAR and CPO for major road schemes. The candidate will join our busy Highways and Transportation team to be based in our Cork or Galway office. The candidate should be self-motivated, enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible, willing to take responsibility and comfortable being a team lead as part of the role.
The role will involve team building and leadership, project management of road schemes around Ireland, planning and design services, preparation of EIA / CPO, preparation of contract documentation, administration of construction contracts and management of projects for public and private clients.
- A minimum of 15 years relevant experience in a consultancy environment.
- Educated to degree level (level 8/9 engineering degree).
- Must be Chartered.
- Computer literate and able to work effectively work with the basic Microsoft suite of programmes and have a good understanding of MS Project.
- Experience of relevant design standards including a detailed knowledge of the DMRB / DMURS and the ability to translate this into workable designs.
- Experience in design and build schemes.
- Experience in the development of roads schemes in Ireland – Preliminary Design, Planning, Detailed Design, Tender Assessment, Construction Supervision.
- Full driving licence.
- Must be an excellent communicator.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible approach with ability to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
- Positive outlook and approachable manner.
- Well-motivated, able to work as part of a team or alone when required.
To read the full spec or to apply for the role please click here: https://careers.snclavalin.com/job/major-roads-project-manager-in-cork-jid-27580