We are seeking a Resident Engineer for Naas, Co. Kildare. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ experience in roads/transport infrastructure. The candidate should be self-motivated, enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible, willing to take responsibility and comfortable working independently.
Job summary and desirable skills / attributes:
- Level 8 Degree in Civil Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in the civil engineering industry, including 2 years construction phase involvement in the supervision & administration of Public Works Contract for Civil Engineering Works.
- Computer literate and with experience of relevant software (AutoCAD) and Microsoft Office programmes.
- Experience in administering contracts using the Public Works form of contracts; including processing of Valuations, and assessment of Claims.
- Experience in supervising and inspecting the construction of roadworks including pavement, drainage, ducting, signage, lighting, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience in record keeping and reporting on Contractor’s progress.
- Ability to work independently and under own initiative to achieve project goals.
- Knowledge of current H&S regulations and best practices.
- Full driving licence and a valid SafePass.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible approach with ability to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
- Positive outlook and approachable manner.
- Well-motivated, able to work alone or as part of a team when required.
To read the full spec or to apply for the role please click here: https://careers.snclavalin.com/job/resident-engineer-in-dublin-jid-25553