We are seeking a Resident Engineer for the Couty Kildare area. The ideal candidate will have 10+ years’ experience in roads and civils infrastructure projects. The candidate should be self-motivated, enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible, willing to take responsibility and comfortable working as part of a site supervision team. The role will involve site-based supervision, administration, monitoring and inspection of construction activities.
Job summary and desirable skills / attributes
- A minimum of 8 years relevant experience in the civil engineering industry or similar with a Level 8 qualification.
- Computer literate and with experience of relevant software (AutoCAD) and Microsoft Office programmes.
- Experience in administering contracts using the Public Works form of contracts an advantage.
- Experience in supervising construction of roadworks including pavement, drainage, ducting, signage, lighting, utilities etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience in record keeping and reporting on Contractors progress.
- Ability to work within a team environment and under own initiative to achieve project goals.
- Knowledge of current H&S regulations and best practices.
- Full driving licence and a valid SafePass.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible approach with ability to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
- Positive outlook and approachable manner.
- Well motivated, able to work as part of a team or alone when required.
To read the full spec or to apply for the role please click here: https://careers.atkinsrealis.com/job/resident-engineer-in-dublin-jid-33809