We are seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to be based in our one of offices in Ireland preferably Dublin office to take the lead in delivery of Electrical Engineering design elements of building and site development projects. The candidate should be self-motivated, enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible, willing to take responsibility and comfortable working as part of team. Our current workload includes Infrastructure, industrial, commercial, pharmaceutical, airport, education, healthcare, service station, leisure centre/swimming pool, hotels, public housing, & public lighting etc. for both public and private clients. The candidate shall have experience in the design, specification and oversight of on-site installation of: Medium & Low Voltages infrastructure, LV switchgears and cabling, UPS systems, Generator power management. Vertical Transport, Public and Street Lighting infrastructure, lighting / emergency lighting, fire alarm, security system, BMS systems, information and communication technology, containment, (i.e. telephones, intercoms, data cables and wireless internet connection) and lightning protection. The ideal candidate should have experience in sustainable design and using Dialux, Lighting Reality, Amtech design software.
Duties will include:
- Acting as Lead Electrical Engineer as part of Multidiscipline Design Teams.
- Ensuring project design and installation meet safety and current standards and regulations (Ancillary Certificate of Compliance of Contractor with Building Regulations and relevant Codes, and Design Construction Risk Assessment and NZEB).
- Design input and overseeing the delivery of all Electrical aspects of projects.
- Preparation of project reports (Particular Specification, Form of Tender, etc for Planning, Tender & Construction Stages).
- Preparation of fee proposals and quality submissions for design contracts with public and private clients.
- Business Development and Communication with internal and external parties via email and meetings.
- Review of design drawings and documentation prior to issue.
- Review of Contractor and Design Team proposals.
- Fulfilling the duties of Designer as defined under the SHWW(C) Regulations.
- Chartered Engineer (An ideal – working towards chartership).
- Membership of an Engineering Professional Body.
- Aviation experience is an advantage but not essential.
- Experience in staff management and Client facing.
- Experience in Financial management of design budgets.
- Experience in fulfilling the Ancillary Certifier function on projects.
- Good listener and Communicator.
- Experience in delivery of Electrical Engineering Design.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible approach with ability to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
- Positive outlook and approachable manner.
- Well-motivated, able to work as part of a team or alone when required.
- Understanding of use of BIM processes, AutoCAD and Revit.
To read the full spec or to apply for the role please click here: https://careers.atkinsrealis.com/job/senior-electrical-engineer-in-dublin-jid-33504