We are seeking a Senior Environmental Consultant to join our Environment team to work alongside engineers, environmental scientists, and other staff on our portfolio of infrastructure projects in Ireland, particularly in the water, energy and transport sectors, as well as on specialist environmental projects. Office Location: Flexible (with the option of hybrid working).
We are currently looking to appoint a confident individual who:
- Is capable of organising and managing large / strategic environmental projects, including EIARs.
- Can motivate, mentor and provide guidance to junior members of the environmental team.
- Has excellent project management skills, including technical delivery, management of finances, client liaison and programme delivery on complex and/or multi-disciplinary projects.
- Combines excellent organisational, technical, numerical and communication skills to demonstrate logical thinking and concise reporting.
- Project management of a wide variety of projects ensuring delivery on time, within budget and to high technical standards.
- Liaison with clients, stakeholders, regulators, sub-contractors and other internal disciplines.
- Preparation of proposals and input into bids for multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects.
- Managing project teams.
- Working with the local and wider Atkins teams across Ireland and the UK; and,Providing technical support and mentoring to more junior members of the environmental team
- Degree qualified in a relevant science or environmental engineering subject (e.g. environmental science, geology, hydrogeology etc).
- Masters qualified in a relevant specialism preferred, but not essential.
- Chartered Membership of relevant professional body.
- A minimum of 7+ years relevant post-graduate experience within a consultancy environment, specifically in the preparation and co-ordination of EIAR and non-statutory environmental reports etc.
- Proven track record in technical report writing and ability to complete technical reports to required best practice standards.
- Proven track record in project management of major environmental projects and development of bids.
- Experience of providing technical support and mentoring as part of a team.
- Excellent working knowledge and demonstrable understanding of relevant planning and environmental legislation, and technical guidance and industry standards / best practice, particularly in relation to the preparation of EIARs.
To read the full spec or to apply for the role please click here: https://careers.atkinsrealis.com/job/senior-environmental-consultant-in-dublin-jid-33123