AtkinsRéalis is seeking a Senior Environmental Consultant to join our Environment team, based in our Dublin office (with the option of hybrid working), to work alongside engineers, environmental scientists, and other staff on our portfolio of infrastructure projects in Ireland, particularly in the water and transport sectors; as well as on specialist environmental projects.
- Project management of a wide variety of projects ensuring delivery on time, within budget and to high technical standards.
- Liaison with clients, stakeholders, regulators, sub-contractors and other internal disciplines.
- Preparation of proposals and input into bids for multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects.
- Managing small project teams and directing site staff (from the office).
- Working with the local and wider AtkinsRéalis team across Ireland and the UK.
- Degree qualified in a relevant science or engineering subject (e.g. environmental science, geology, hydrogeology etc).
- Masters qualified in a relevant specialism preferred, but not essential.
- Chartered Membership of relevant professional body.
- A minimum of 7+ years relevant post-graduate experience (ideally within a consultancy environment), specifically in the preparation and co-ordination of EIAR and non-statutory environmental reports, environmental management plans, resource and waste management plans etc.
- The ability to demonstrate a good understanding of land contamination/brownfield land issues, and experience in undertaking Phase 1 Desk Studies, and Phase 2 Environmental Risk Assessments (GQRA / DQRA) would be desirable, but not essential.
- Experience of technical report writing and ability to complete technical reports to required best practice standards.
- Experience of project management and development of bids.
- Good working knowledge and demonstrable understanding of relevant planning and environmental legislation, and technical guidance and industry standards / best practice for contaminated land assessment and waste management.
To read the full spec or to apply for the role please click here: https://careers.snclavalin.com/job/senior-environmental-consultant-in-dublin-jid-25237