We are seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to be based in one of offices in Ireland to take the lead in delivery of Mechanical Engineering design elements of building projects. The candidate should be self-motivated, enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible, willing to take responsibility and comfortable working as part of team. Our current workload includes Infrastructure, industrial, commercial, pharmaceutical, airport, education, healthcare, service station, leisure centre/swimming pool, hotels, public housing, etc for both public and private clients.
Duties will include:
- Acting as Lead Mechanical Engineer as part of Multidiscipline Design Teams.
- Ensuring project design and installation meet safety and current standards and regulations (Ancillary Certificate of Compliance of Contractor with Building Regulations Part L and relevant Codes, and Design Construction Risk Assessment and NZEB).
- Design input and overseeing the delivery of all Mechanical aspects of projects.
- Preparation of project reports (Particular Specification, Form of Tender, mechanical schedules, etc for Planning, Tender, Construction Stage).
- Preparation of fee proposals and quality submissions for design contracts with public and private clients.
- Business Development.
- Communication with internal and external parties via email and meetings.
- Review of design drawings and documentation prior to issue.
- Review of Contractor and Design Team proposals.
- Fulfilling the duties of Designer as defined under the SHWW(C) Regulations.
- Chartered Engineer (an ideal).
- Membership in any Engineering Professional Body.
- Experience in Client facing roles.
- Experience in financial management of design budgets.
- Experience in fulfilling the Ancillary Certifier function on projects.
- Good listener and Communicator.
- Previous staff management experience.
- Experience in delivery of Mechanical Engineering Design.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible approach with ability to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
- Positive outlook and approachable manner.
- Well-motivated, able to work as part of a team or alone when required.
- Understanding of use of BIM processes, AutoCAD and Revit.
To read the full spec or to apply for the role please click here: https://careers.snclavalin.com/job/senior-mechanical-engineer-in-dublin-jid-31862