We are seeking for a Senior Process Engineer, with 10+ years’ experience in the water/wastewater sector to join the Infrastructure Division. The candidate should have a variety of experiences; some examples include:
- Potable water treatment design and construction.
- Experience with treatment technologies such as coagulation, filtration, disinfection, etc.
- Development and implementation of new and emerging technologies and techniques.
- Low carbon footprint designs, with a view to improving our clients’ system sustainability.
- DSEAR, HAZOP lead, functional safety.
- Digital twins.
- Ability to lead technical review workshops with clients; Project Management experience would be an advantage.
The candidate will assist in the design and delivery of water and wastewater infrastructure projects for Irish Water and other clients. The successful candidate will join a dynamic and ambitious team with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
NOTE: If you do not meet all the listed items below but believe you are suitable for the role then you will still be considered.
- Degree-qualified with a chemical/process engineering background with Chartered membership of a recognised professional institution.
- Typically, 7+ years’ experience in the water and/or wastewater engineering sector.
- A blend of leadership and technical expertise with hands-on understanding of water and wastewater treatment technologies; previous design and/or commissioning experience.
- A proven ability to manage and mentor teams and/or individuals and/or projects, potentially split across disciplines and locations.
- A developing external profile and reputation; a desire and willingness to raise the profile of oneself and the Company.
- Willingness to contribute to and develop our technical knowledge networks.
- Plant and process reviews, assessments, route-cause analysis, apply cutting-edge evaluation techniques.
- Supporting plant operation, optimisation and troubleshooting.
- Feasibility, outline and detailed process design, including mass, heat and energy balances, process flow diagrams, P&IDs, hydraulic design, design risk assessments, control philosophies, commissioning strategies, cost and programme estimations, plant and equipment specifications, supplier tender evaluation.
- Working with and developing digital design tools such as water quality analysis, unit process sizing, process performance metrics, hydraulic calculations and other automated design tools.
- Technical report writing at all stages of the project lifecycle.
- Liaison with clients within Ireland and worldwide.
- Support and/or lead bids, fee proposals or offers of service; development of activity schedules/work plans.
- Understanding of HAZOP, DSEAR, CDM, WIMES, Irish and European Standards and other statutory, regulatory and non-regulatory provisions and guidance.
- Development of standard and bespoke design solutions over the entire water industry spectrum.
- Meet and exceed quality, programme, budgetary and H&S requirements on projects.
- Contributing to new innovative ideas/ making suggestions for innovation.
- Opportunity to present your project work at company meetings or at conferences.
To read the full spec or to apply for the role please click here: https://careers.atkinsrealis.com/job/senior-process-engineer-in-dublin-jid-33119