AtkinsRéalis has an opportunity for a Transport Planner with 4+ years’ experience, to join our Transportation Planning team. The candidate will play a role in the delivery of an ever-expanding project portfolio across a range of major public and private clients. The successful candidate will join a dynamic and ambitious team providing services at the forefront of environmental sustainability and the delivery of Ireland’s Climate Action Plan.
AtkinsRéalis offers excellent career prospects as part of a multidisciplinary consultancy business both in Ireland and internationally. We are Engineer’s Ireland CPD Employer of the Year and this role comes with significant benefits in terms of technical development and progression towards Chartership. Our engineers are the best in the business, and we provide an ideal learning environment that incorporates the following:
- Bi-annual Professional Development Review.
- 25 days annual leave.
- 2 Volunteers Days per annum at full pay.
- Up to 20 days working from abroad per annum.
- Senior Mentorship Program.
- In house CPD sessions.
- Learning & Development Committee.
- Mental Health & Wellbeing team.
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusivity.
- Social Club.
Duties will include:
- A client facing role in the delivery of a broad range of projects including active travel, public transport, greenways and large-scale development sites.
- Sharing knowledge with colleagues.
- Delivery of schemes from feasibility through planning stages.
- Delivery of projects with public and private sector clients.
Key Experience & Skills:
- High quality report writing skills and verbal communicator in English.
- Experience of transport planning in Ireland including relevant policy and delivery of ABTAs or similar Local Transport Plans.
- Client, stakeholder, and public consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to use initiative and have excellent problem-solving capabilities.
- Working towards relevant chartership status.
- Transport modelling; working knowledge of Linsig, Junctions 9 and / or microsimulation.
- Working knowledge of the application of GIS.
- Working knowledge of relevant design guidance including DMURS and National Cycle Manual.
- Ability to comply with Quality Assurance Management Systems.
To read the full spec or to apply for the role please click here: https://careers.snclavalin.com/job/transport-planner-in-dublin-jid-30511